Monday, October 20, 2008

Day 6

Today was a busy day for us. momma slept most of the night- woke up 2-3 times only. Still having lots of confusion during the night and still callling out "Mother"when she needs me- in fact I heard her just now call out "mother"I try to ignore ot the first time- sometimes she quits but most of the time she keeps on u ntil i go down stairs and find out what is wrong- lots of times- it's little things like the covers are messsed up- she usually is hallucinating alot during her sleep. She had a doctors appointment at the orthopedic doctor today- so we had our first experience going somewhere- she did fine- we found out that her broken shoulder has healed so that is good news- I asked the doctor if he had any suggestions for sleep and he recomeended Benadryl- so far it hasn't worked tonight. After the doctor, we went to Pizza Hut and she enjoyed eating pizza. Next we went to Walmart where I tried pushing her in the wheel chair and pushing a buggy also- didn't work too well- so I stationed her in the camera department beside a bench and told her I would get all of the stuff we needed. I tried to hurry through the store because I was afraid she would become disoriented and begin calling for "Mother"- after I got all of my stuff- I found her still sitting in the same spot and no she hadn't called for mother! We got home just in time to receive an awesome supper from a dear close church friend- Celia- Beef Stew, rolls and brownies- it was delicious and momma really enjoyed it- by 6pm she was ready for bed and I gave her her night meds including the Benadryl- at 7:30 she was still wide awake!! Maybe the Benadryl will take effect and give us all some rest tonight- I can only hope and pray...

No comments: