Monday, October 27, 2008

Day 13

Today I went a bit Stir Crazy!! Momma slept pretty good last night-only woke up twice to go to the bathroom- still calling for "Mother"each time. Both times she was able to go back to sleep. We woke up around 8 for the day and I fixed pancakes for breakfast. Jamie called and said he would come for therapy at 9- so we had to hurry- no time for a regular bath- just washed her off- she did great at therapy again and we are encouraged about her mobility! All day long I just felt blah- I think Momma did too- we were bored- I have plenty of laundry to do when I'm bored but that's no fun! Momma watched a movie and she also wrote 2 thank you cards to friends- not very long notes and not the best hand writing but she tried- only thing was that she thought she had written 4 notes- I only found 2- We ate pinto beans and fried potatoes for supper- one of her favorites- and then just kind off layed around the rest of the day- increasing my Stir Crazy tendency- this has been a huge adjustment for me because I have been on the go for the past 17 years- running my kids every where they need to go, working, and staying very active in my church- not counting taking care of my husband. I will probably get used it just about the time I have to go back to work in January. Tomorrow we will go for lab work early in the morning and then go out for breakfast- which she always enjoys doing- we will also go and take a tour of the Clare Bridge Assisted Living Facility for Alzheimers patients- She is already on a waiting list - but she hasn't seen the place yet- hope she likes it. I wasn't able to get a sitter for tonight so I missed Sam's last ball game- he was okay about it but I wish I could have gone. Hope tonight goes well- we have to get up early to leave for lab work....

No comments: